Thursday, 7 July 2011

E-Cops - Your weekly up-date 04-JUL-2011

A shorter week for me this week as I only came on duty Thursday, due to some training I had to attend. At the time of sending this E-cops on 02/07/11 I can report that I have continued to do patrols in Bar Hill, Girton and Dry Drayton when time permits.

I and Pc Reeves have changed our duties this week to come in on Saturday 2nd July, to attend Bar Hill and Dry Drayton Fetes, so you will see a lot of us out and about today. I hope that you all enjoy the Fete and so far the weather looks promising.

As part of out monthly plan, I managed to carry out some speed checks on Thursday, 30th June, in Saxon Way, Bar Hill, as a result two motorists were seen speeding in excess of the speed limit. Both of these motorists have been sent a warning letter this time.

Some of my colleagues are on leave for this week and the next few so we will all be busy helping out on each others beats, unfortunately this negates the potential for me and them to be on our own respective beats as much as we would like to be, apologies but that is how it is for us especially at this time of the year.

I have received some complaints in relation to parking issues in Oatlands Avenue and Appletrees, Bar Hill. Please be considerate in the way you park your vehicle and make sure that you don't cause unnecessary obstruction for your neighbours.

On Thursday, 23 June, approximately 15:00hrs, there was an incident report in Oakington Read, Dry Drayton. Two youths were seen from a distance setting up fire to grass bordering the fields. These youths were chased from the location and the fire war safely put out. I do have a good idea who these youths may be. If you see any such behaviour please call it in at the time and if at all possible a description of these youths would be extremely helpful.

Can you help us? We are looking for someone to provide the music for our skate park competition on Saturday 30th July. If you know anyone that can assist us, please get in touch.

Kind Regards
PCSO B.MANI
Histon Neighbourhood Policing Team