Monday, 2 February 2015

Julian Huppert MP: My question to the Prime Minister

On Monday, I emailed asking for your suggestions about what I should ask the Prime Minister at PMQs. First of all, I wanted to say thank you for all your feedback. I received almost 400 individual suggestions, all of which I looked over personally. It was great to have so much input, but of course I couldn't ask every question that was suggested.

Responses were varied, but one issue stood out in particular, the National Health Service, and in particular the role of the private sector. It's for that reason that I decided to ask the Prime Minister about the privatisation of Hinchingbrooke Hospital, which serves Cambridge alongside Addenbrooke's.

Sadly, the Prime Minister failed to answer my question properly, but I will continue my campaign to return Hinchingbrooke to public hands.

I think that it is really important to have direct contact between an MP and their constituents, so I'm really pleased that so many of you replied. Many of the other concerns you raised are things I am already working on, and I will continue to use your input to guide my campaigns in Cambridge.

If you have a particular issue that you wish to bring to my attention, or would like me to help with, please do remember you can always contact me (click here for details how).

With very best wishes,

Julian Huppert
MP for Cambridge
http://www.cambridgelibdems.org.uk/